Sunday, June 28, 2009

A tribute to Dancer

Today is the one year anniversary of Dancer's passing over the rainbow bridge.
I miss him terribly at times, and at other times I am happy that we had such a
wonderful life and that I was there with him when he passed. Today I am a little
sad, but mostly I am thankful that he was in my life for so long and that we grew
"old" together. We were both very lucky in that way :)

I was originally thinking of doing an organized outing today - either a dressage
show or trail ride. But instead I chose to go on a quiet solo hack with Buck. I took
him out on the rail trail and we walked almost the entire time. I'll admit that I was
more occupied with getting him straight and supple then with Dancer's passing. We
ran in to some dirt bikes on our way home (which are NOT supposed to be out there)
and I've gotta say that Buck was so good about 2 motorcycles riding up on his bum.
Dancer would've been running away at a very quick pace!!!!

I wasn't sure how I'd take today. I thought I might be a basketcase....but I'm not.
I think it is because I chose to live in the present and not fret the past so much.
RIP Dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment