Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A ROLF (saddle) moment....

So I had a dressage lesson with Heidi this evening. It was pretty low key. I have a BIG event coming up on Sunday, so I wanted to get in with her and just work on some more canter.

His canter is really coming along, but I wanted eyes on the ground to confirm what I was feeling.

Well, he was MORE than ready to show me what he had tonight! hehe....I went to do the left canter. Heidi says, "when you have your trot, then ask him for canter...." So I prepare and I go to ask for canter in my usual fashion. Leg yield out and tap with the right leg.....Except I didn't get to tap - I just LIFTED my right hip to tap him and he went.......Insert hysterical giggles here for about 1/2 the 20 m circle we were working on.

When I got Buck he was not sensitive AT ALL. It about took a freaking 2x4 to beat him in to moving his barrel over, and forget flexing his neck and softening his jaw. Now he is so sensitive that he can feel me just releasing pressure. Pretty cool beans. I just can't believe how far he's come in such little time.

I was really worried about dressage for this weekend, but now I'm thinking I need to CHILL and just keep the outside aids active at "A".......

No comments:

Post a Comment